Tuesday 18 December 2012

2012 on it's way out already?

Well, let's face it, I've done a pretty poor job at this blogging malarkey.  Probably due in no small part to what can only be described as an addiction to playing the Blood Bowl computer game.

I will try to do better in 2013.  Speaking of which, My good friend Deke will be joining me on creating a joint blog, in which we will set challenges and report on our progress in the hobby.  I reckon having someone else for moral support will help keep things a little more regular, and may provide more fodder for this benighted corner of the interwebs.

Since my wife and I will be spending this xmas apart, we had our own mini-xmas on Sunday.  I was excited to receive a box of Wargames Factory Zombie Vixens.  These are soooo much better than their original offerings.  Maybe not the best of the best models out there, but still really good.  Poses are pretty stiff and awkward looking, as befits zombies, and they really fulfill a need in my predominantly male zombie horde.  Further, it wouldn't take much imagination to convert one or two of the bodies into unarmed civilians or survivors - use the components on the sprue that do not display bite/claw marks, and half the job is done.  All that's left is to make the pose look a bit more natural and 'alive'.  There are plenty of extra accessories, like handbags, that can really help to add some narrative to a model, and I've assembled 4 and painted 2 (and a half, I guess - One came off it's base during painting, so it has been re-glued and put to one side for a day to give the glue plenty of curing time) already.  If I get the opportunity, I'll add some pictures before I disappear for the winter festivities.

Anyway, I guess I'd better put up some eye candy.  So here are some of the Star Wars Fighter Pod models that I've repainted and/or converted to use in sci fi games (as you can see, all of them are WIP, but I'm pretty pleased with them so far):





So it finally remains for me to wish anyone who is reading this post a merry christmas and a happy new year in 2013.  See you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment